sometimes they write themselves

by MrsFatass on April 11, 2011

Seven Workouts in Seven Days should really have been called Seven Opportunities to make MrsFatass look ridiculous. There was the whole noisy zumba coin skirt debacle. And the kettlebell that came dangerously close to my hoohah. And the nowhere-to-hide private pilates class. I mean, what else could happen? Right?

Well, you’re not gonna believe this one.

Friday’s workout was going to be another Zumba class with the same jingly skirt instructor. I liked her a lot, and I really did love the class. Just not the coin skirt. But now that I knew about it, I figured I could handle it for the sake of exercise. So, I go. And I’m hanging out in the room (a bit early of course) and chit chatting with the teacher, and in walks this tall, pretty brunette who looks very familiar to me.

She’s a regular to this class, and even brought her own skirt! And as she says her hellos to everybody, something comes up about her shift at the hospital.

And then it all comes clear. The soothing voice. The friendly smile. The warm blanket and the offer to squeeze her hand. . .She’s the nurse that took care of me on my first (of 3) visits to the ER last year when my butt broke.

She didn’t seem to recognize me, though I wonder if she would have had I dropped trou and bent over. But I sure recognized her. And I, who has a TON of anxiety but who isn’t the least bit shy, of course had to blurt out something ridiculous about how she treated me and how I wrote a post about it and if she wanted to read it I would email her the link.

Yes, you read that right. I basically asked a perfect stranger for her email address so I could send her a story about my ass.

So, everybody say Hi to Barbie. Make her feel welcome. She has, after all, cared for the body part that is my namesake.

Anywho. The seven workouts went extremely well. When I wasn’t in a total sweat and flailing kettlebells around, I was having fun. And I feel SO much less puffy. And I have sore muscles. And I’m pretty happy. And? I LOST 3 POUNDS. As of yesterday, anyway. 3.

Hell yes.

So. I’ve got a spark. Let’s see if this week we can turn it into a flame. I’ve scheduled myself 5 more classes at the gym, including at least 2 that I’ve never tried before. If nothing else, there will be more embarrassments to post about here. And? I’m really working my diet. Lots more whole foods and hardly any Lean Cuisines. Lots of portion control and no eating out of a can over the kitchen sink. I really want a second week of losing. I really do.

What do YOU want this week?

Miz April 11, 2011 at 5:43 am

hmmmm a phone convo with you?

Donna April 11, 2011 at 7:56 am

I’m taking the same approach. Changing things up to get myself kick started. I admire your courage – sometimes you just have to ask yourself “What’s the worst that can happen?” and then do it anyway. Thanks for the inspiration. And … I am starting to believe we were separated at birth.

Ryan @NoMoreBacon April 11, 2011 at 8:14 am

I want to catch up on the last 7 days I’ve been missing of snatches and zumba-ing and pedicures. Now that I am all caught up I have to tell you that your 7 days have been so incredibly awesome! It sounds like workout classes might be your thing no?

You’re the freaking best Sue! Keep that fire burning you little pyro you! 😉

Christine April 11, 2011 at 8:48 am

Damn! You’ve got some courage! I remember that post of yours (HILARIOUS!!! Cry-out-loud funny shit!) but I don’t know that I’d seek out the nurse to share it with her. You’ve got balls, lady. You ROCK. 🙂

Lisa Marie Mary April 11, 2011 at 9:21 am

I want a week of losing, too – that actually sounds just wonderful! So I’ve logged back into SparkPeople, in the middle of reading this post – and I’m logging my food, doggonit! Thank you!

And you crack me up! LOL!!

JourneyBeyondSurvival April 11, 2011 at 9:34 am

Um. WOW. That’s hilarious.

But, you have the trade off. She may have seen your monstrosity of a ‘rroid. But. You have seen that she owns her own jingly skirt HA!

I’d say it’s even.

Beth April 11, 2011 at 9:39 am

Kudos for you going to your classes and the weight loss. Keep that flame going and have another great week!

Grace April 11, 2011 at 10:26 am

Good for you on the loss and I am so jealous about Zumba…I want to try it so bad, minus the coin skirt of course.

Patty April 11, 2011 at 10:44 am

Congrats on the 7 Day workouts! I got as close to 5 days last week! Going go start again this week 🙂

Megan @mnmspecial April 11, 2011 at 11:51 am

7 days of workouts, wow! Now I have a lot to aspire to after this baby comes. Plus some fear of working out in front of others to cope with to get there, lol…the whole nurse story would totally be me though.
Congrats on the weight loss, feeling better, and while food on portions. Keep up the awesome work, you can do it!

Kerri O April 11, 2011 at 12:19 pm

You. Are. Awesome. In so many ways.

lorrie April 11, 2011 at 12:55 pm

good job with your workouts sounds like your having fun, have a great week

| PN | April 11, 2011 at 12:57 pm

Nice! I am so sad I was out of the loop last week and missed all the tales! I caught up today … lol!!!

I would like to get back on track this week. And get off my bottom and not have horrendous TX sized allergies. And, I aim to make it happen!

Tina April 11, 2011 at 1:58 pm

LMAO… If laughing was a “workout” I’d be all set!! You are awesome!!
Thanks for the support this morning on my post!! I’m going with drinking more water this weekn and trying NOT to stuff everything I see into my mouth!!!
I really want to try Zumba, (one of these days..) Baby Steps… right?

Thanks again
xoxo

Shelley (@momma_oz) April 11, 2011 at 2:02 pm

WOO HOO! I think to celebrate you should get your own jingly skirt to wear over your pajama jeans 🙂 I love your writing style BTW… in case I hadn’t already told you that.

Congrats on 7 days of workouts! that is FREAKING fantastic! Seriously!

and I’m so glad that the scale played nice and rewarded you for all of your hard work 🙂 So much fantastic in one little post but I’d expect nothing less! WTG! *happy dance sans coin skirt*

Jack Sh*t April 11, 2011 at 2:51 pm

Sorry… getting dizzy from that mental picture: “You don’t remember me… well, (unbuckling belt) let’s see if you remember THIS!”

I got my eye on you, too.

LyndawtihaY April 11, 2011 at 3:40 pm

I’d really like to hear your take on Yoga. Do it! Do it!

Lena B April 11, 2011 at 4:57 pm

Thanks for the Monday smile. Have a jingly week

mary April 11, 2011 at 11:12 pm

im thinking you should have your own reality work out show!!

chris April 11, 2011 at 11:35 pm

the circle of life.
It’s beautiful.

Alan (Pounds Off Playoff) April 12, 2011 at 12:30 am

Three pounds. Woo hoo!

You always make me laugh!

Heather @ Not a DIY Life April 12, 2011 at 8:09 pm

Okay, now I have to go read about your broken butt. LOL!