the scarlett effect

by MrsFatass on September 23, 2010

Do you remember that scene in Gone with the Wind where Rhett and Scarlett are having that terrible argument, spewing all kinds of angry words, this total mix of trying to be irresistible and angry all at once, and then finally when Rhett wants to shut her up, he scoops her up and carries her up the stairs? She pretends to fight it, and he pretends to be disgusted, but really they both just surrendered and headed to bed? Remember?

Then the next scene you see Scarlett, and she’s all full of afterglow. Her whole being is communicating one thought: ‘Ahhhhhh. I needed that’.

That? Is what I call The Scarlett Effect. The ‘Ahhhhhhh, I needed that’ after the ball of tense, passionate, all-consuming emotion. You know the look. Hair all tousled. Clothing disheveled. Eyes a bit glazed. Dopey smile. Walking around in soft-focus, feeling inside out beautiful.

You’re with me, right?

Well, that’s how I feel right now. I have had some tense days leading up to the start of the Birthday Suckhole Extravaganza. A big school jam-pile; Thing One AND Thing Two are both students now. Along with me. Coordinating new schedules and negotiating new deals. A car that is running on fumes. Swamped with responsibilities. Worries. Anxieties. And? Drama Drama Drama.

I’m not gonna lie; when I dreamed up this Birthday Extravaganza, yes, it had a lot to do with needing my Love Tank filled. But also? I really needed to slip into hiding for a while. I needed a break. Time to catch up. To take a breath and complete a thought.

But after all of these days of my friends and loved ones helping to fill the giant suckhole that is my heart, I am dewy and afterglowy and my head is stuck in the clouds.

I am experiencing The Scarlett Effect.

By the by, this is not an invitation for any of you to make a grand exit as Rhett did, thereby ending The Scarlett Effect. Just saying.

So here we are in my new digs, loving words still hanging in the air, and me batting my eyes and prancing around acting like the Belle of the ball. My wonderful new design, brought to you by Revive My Blog, has my stomach filled with butterflies. My logo, by Helen Wang and The Blog Fairy makes me want to go out and buy a pair of green pumps, minus the toilet paper, natch. New features, like the daily snapshot or the MrsFatass.com store make me grin. A heartfelt thank you goes to All. Of. You. For. Your. Unending. Laughs. Advice. Support. and Calm.

I’d really love to just sit around and admire the shiny new look and inhale the new-blog smell and basically just return to my sofa buttdent, but there is work to be done. Job number one?

Lose 50 pounds.

It’s time.

Let’s do this.

MizFit September 23, 2010 at 6:11 am

Im still all in AWE at yer shiny new fancypants digs…

Marisa @ Loser for Life September 23, 2010 at 7:24 am

Happy Birthday, Sue! Hope you enjoyed every minute 🙂

Love the new digs!

And for the 50 lbs…..you can do it!!! Rock on, sister…rock on 🙂

Joanna Sutter (Fitness & Spice) September 23, 2010 at 7:52 am

New blog, new goals…love it and love you!!

Bubba September 23, 2010 at 8:07 am

I’m with you…let kick some ass.

JourneyBeyondSurvival September 23, 2010 at 8:09 am

I’d say the Scarlett Effect is the perfect time to start losing 50 pounds. Nothing better than feeling beautiful inside and out, all the stress released and unable to touch you. So glad you’ve had a break.

Muah.

Kerri O September 23, 2010 at 8:09 am

The Scarlett Effect…LOVE it. And, yes, let’s do this!

Slimmin' Sam September 23, 2010 at 8:12 am

Love the blog… It definitely captures this. I know you are rooting for me and I am rooting for you… promise.

Drazil September 23, 2010 at 8:27 am

Ah why do you always gotta go and ruin the afterglow with talk of hard work like losing 50 lbs? Oh because you’re you – and you’re all inspirational and all that other stuff I love about you. Fine, fine…..lose the weight if you must…I shall cheer you on the whole time….in a non-stalker-ish way mmkkaayy? Love you MF. I still can’t type MF without thinking of the big no no – you know….mother effer.

MB September 23, 2010 at 9:20 am

Frankly My Dear, everyone needs their love tank topped off now and then. I hope you enjoyed your birthday extravaganza and filled up on love and birthday cake.

I love the new look here.

Perfect timing for you to join South Beach Steve’s Hot 100 to kick ass for the last 100 days of 2010.

3rd Time Loser September 23, 2010 at 9:47 am

Well, you are new to me, but nare a day will pass without this blog being the first thing I look at when I stumble into my office every morning. In fact this is the one blog they haven’t blocked from me, but I feel it coming, then you will have a nightly visit from me! You are awsome, you give me inspiration. I am calling myself the 3rd time loser because this is the 3rd time I’ve embarked on WW and this time I will lose it all. All the way back, back, back to my High School Days, or maybe I should say Middle School Days as I was a chubby girl in High School. Actually I never remember weighing less than 133, which is my goal! I am now at 157 after 3 weeks on ww and a 5 lb loss. So….let’s do this!!!

Laurie September 23, 2010 at 9:51 am

….and I thought you were going to say you just need a good roll in the hay???

Jenn @ Tales of a Reforming Junk Food Junkie September 23, 2010 at 10:04 am

Love the new look and love that you are back! Let’s get started….I definitely have 50 lbs I can lose with you!!

Angela Pea September 23, 2010 at 10:08 am

Happy, Happy Day After Your Birthday!

50 pounds? Bring it on. I’ll cheer you every step of the way!

(Already shed my fifty, and am working on the last fifteen. I can smell the victory, feel the health, and am available to nag, support and pray for anyone wanting the same.)

tj September 23, 2010 at 10:53 am

I love the new blog digs- they look FABULOUS! 🙂

Lynda with a Y September 23, 2010 at 12:09 pm

I am so glad you are revived and back to blissfull blogging. I’ve missed you but enjoyed your guest posts. I’m gonna hop right on that 50 pound weight loss train with you. Woot!

CHUNKY MONKEY September 23, 2010 at 12:32 pm

Laughing at your week of birthday sarcasm and the “Scarlett effect” I am turning 36 on Monday. We can do this! Lets take off that 50 lbs!

sharlaelizabeth September 23, 2010 at 12:38 pm

Three cheers for continuing the Scarlett Effect! I’m looking forward to seeing a picture of the green pumps. 😉

Rob Dyess September 23, 2010 at 7:12 pm

VERY nice job on the new blog. Oh…. and nice job on the new goal. Can’t do it without those goals.

Thanks for making me laugh!!

WeighDownSouth.com

merri September 23, 2010 at 7:46 pm

Ooh you have a store? I never noticed that before! I wonder, how small is the small? That’s really cool. Ive actually never seen gone with the wind. But people talk about it so much, I kinda feel like I have. Tried reading the book but couldn’t get through the first pages. I get what you mean tho. I love the new blog look! Hope you had a great bday! i missed you writing, with all the guests! 🙂

Steve September 23, 2010 at 9:20 pm

I’m the “For”! YAY!

Let’s rock this biatch!

chris September 24, 2010 at 1:04 am

I have to lose the last 20…I am ready. let’s do this.
btw…love the new look..very retro!

Helen September 28, 2010 at 3:11 am