like mother, like daughter

by MrsFatass on September 22, 2010

Here we are. Today is the day. It’s my birthday. So, I figured to top off the Birthday Suckhole Extravaganza, what better way to ring in the day than by inviting the Mom behind the Fatass. Blogosphere? Meet my mother. Mom? The Blogosphere.

It can’t be happening…my youngest child, my only daughter is thirty seven today. She is catching up to me much too fast.

In a weak moment I agreed to guest post on her blog on her birthday. She has many talents, and for some I will take a little credit; but her writing skills clearly did not come from me.

Such a jumble of thoughts and feelings. Most of our years together we have been in agreement that we are very much alike, clones, finishing each others sentences, unspoken words or just knowing each others thoughts.

Trying to put my thoughts into some order it is our differences that keep popping into my head. ‘MrsFatass?’ Suckhole? Tell all posts? Soooo not me. But I have come to appreciate her openness and frankness and how it helps others to be more open. I hardly blush at all anymore.

I guess what I would really like to relate to you all is how proud I am of my thirty seven year old daughter. She has grown into such a beautiful, independent, confident, intelligent, loving, caring woman. She makes me very happy. Plus, she (and Trophy Husband) have produced two of my favorite ‘things’

I love reading everything she writes and enjoy, just as much, reading all the comments from you – her followers. I guess we really are more alike than not!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DAUGHTER. I LOVE YOU.

mrsfatass September 22, 2010 at 4:47 am

Thanks, Mom. I think, though, that I DID get my writing talent from you. I love you!

Mary (A Merry Life) September 22, 2010 at 5:25 am

Aw, cute. Happy b-day.

JourneyBeyondSurvival September 22, 2010 at 5:32 am

Happy birthday MrsFatass. And MrsMom? Great writing.

MizFit September 22, 2010 at 6:01 am

I AM SPEECHLESS
over it all.
the look
the mom
the birthday
the mom
the new look!!!!!

HAPPPPY BIRTHDAY FRIEND

Courtney September 22, 2010 at 6:29 am

What a great post! And happy happy birthday!

Laurie September 22, 2010 at 6:59 am

Happy happy day!!!
Your mom is beautiful, like her baby. I LOVE that you have such a great relationship with her, that she can read some of your “stuff”. Awesome! Have an awesome day. I must say as much as it has been fun to read your suckhole…I miss the GREAT Ms. FA. I do hope that you will come back and write to us again.

LaniePainie September 22, 2010 at 7:06 am

What shall we call her? Grammy FatAss doesn’t sound polite at all!

Whatevever your name . . .

Thank you SO much for creating this great person to nudge us along in the right direction. She is helping people change their lives in positive ways. You did good, mama!

Kirsten (results not typical girl) September 22, 2010 at 10:26 pm

lol @ Grammy FatAss…. and I couldn’t agree more. Good job Mama Fats! πŸ˜‰

colleen September 22, 2010 at 7:25 am

Aww how nice that your mom is into your blog πŸ™‚ luv it!
Happy birthday! Hope you have a great day!

Angela September 22, 2010 at 7:45 am

*waves*

Hi Mom!

And Happy Birthday MFA! Your blog is an inspiration. πŸ˜€

Becky Johns September 22, 2010 at 7:46 am

Seriously? Mom? I love it. I love her! I can hear her voice speaking those words. And the “β€˜MrsFatass?’ Suckhole? Tell all posts? Soooo not me.” had me fallin’ out of my chair! God bless her. She sure has lived through some stuff with us as kids. Now we put her through blogosphere? It just goes to show what a class act she is. Thanks for staying on the ride, mom! Kisses to you both! xoxoxo

Tara September 22, 2010 at 8:09 am

Hmmm another hashtag: M2HTW2TH (mom to hot trophy wife to trophy husband).

Yay for mom’s cool enough to guest post.

Yay for birthdays.

Yay for being a hotass!

But mostly yay for birthdays!

Oh I don’t know being a hotass is a lot be all yay about. Damn now I can’t decide.

Birthday > hotass or hotass > birthday. ?????

Lance September 22, 2010 at 8:21 am

Happy #37 Mrs. Fatass!!!

And – what a wonderful MOM you have!!! –> which means you two really are alike!!!

Gules September 22, 2010 at 8:35 am

Awwwww, what an adorable pos πŸ™‚ Great Job MOM! I’m almost a bit sad that the suckhole event is over, but it was such a great idea and you’ve introduced us to so many fabulous bloggers in a most special and unique way. Hope you have a great day and I like the new-blog design. Great stuff! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Kerri O September 22, 2010 at 8:40 am

Happy Birthday to you!!!! Great post Mrsfatass’s mom! Maybe some day I’ll let my mom read my blog…maybe.
PS, love the new blog look!

April @ Crazy Fabulous Life September 22, 2010 at 8:47 am

Happy Birthday! This is like, the cutest birthday post ever.

Jamie September 22, 2010 at 8:47 am

Happy Birthday Mrs. Fatass! I hope it’s the greatest birthday ever (until next year, of course)!

Beth September 22, 2010 at 9:11 am

Hi MOM!

I would love to see what my own mother would write on my blog if given the opportunity. =) This might be a fun exercise for the rest of us to take on.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, to the funniest, sweetest, most hotass, undercover-NKOTB-loving blogger I know.

Beth September 22, 2010 at 9:11 am

And the new logo is pretty hotass too.

Ryan @NoMoreBacon September 22, 2010 at 9:22 am

What a tribute!
And the origin of the writing skills is obvious now.

Happy Birthday Hotass!

Susan September 22, 2010 at 10:09 am

Happy Birthday Mrs. Fatass! This is momentous day for us both, as I have lurked on many a blog in the past year (I’m more of a watcher than a doer) and this is my first day to comment on TWO of my regulars! I really enjoy visiting you every day with my morning coffee. Thanks! πŸ™‚
P.S. Cool new logo

kristi September 22, 2010 at 10:18 am

Happy B-day!!

Fat Daddy September 22, 2010 at 10:46 am

Happy Birthday Mrs. Fatass! And hello to the woman that brought you into the world. She’s had to endure a lot with the topics you cover. I lauged and noted when she said she hardly blushes “at all” anymore. But what really came through is that she is proud of you.

So does mom’s guest signal that Mrs. Fatass is about to get off of her ass and start writing again? Because with all this fancy new look…surely you’re going to drive her…right?

Angela Pea September 22, 2010 at 10:55 am

It’s Here! It’s Here! It’s Your Birthday!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Hope you have a marvelous day. Stay away from the cake!

Drazil September 22, 2010 at 11:03 am

Ah lovely….but I knew she would be. Anyone who produces someone like you just has to be. YAY Mom.

Morgan September 22, 2010 at 11:04 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! And your mom? Sounds amazing. After reading her writing, I can hear her voice in your posts. Her post made me teary. Hope you have an amazing day filled with doing whatever it is your little heart desires.

Oh, and LOVE LOVE the blog makeover!!!

Brooke September 22, 2010 at 11:11 am

happy birfday!!! πŸ™‚

Annabel @ www.FeedMeImCranky.com September 22, 2010 at 12:15 pm

Love it! πŸ™‚

ldswims September 22, 2010 at 2:02 pm

Happy Birthday!

This was awesome!!!

KCLAnderson (Karen) September 22, 2010 at 2:12 pm

Happiest of birthdays my dear Mrs. Fatass. I had a very unexpected reaction to reading your mother’s loving words: tears. That acceptance of the way the two of you are the same AND of the ways in which you are different is priceless! What a gift!!

Pubsgal September 22, 2010 at 2:47 pm

Happiest Birthday, Mrs. Fatass!!! Hope it’s just the beginning of a wonderful year of getting your suckhole filled! (*blushing furiously*…can’t believe I just typed that…sober) I’ve enjoyed reading all of the tribute posts, especially this one from your mom! How sweet! πŸ™‚

P.S. – Love the new banner and look & feel overall! Very nice!

Jack Sh*t September 22, 2010 at 5:32 pm

Happy day, you hotass you!

Katie J September 22, 2010 at 5:40 pm

Happy Birthday Sue! May all your wishes come true and then some πŸ˜€ xoxox

Aunt Barbara September 22, 2010 at 6:19 pm

I am so impressed at how well you both express your feelings. Now I have to say Happy Birthday Sue Ann and go wipe my eyes and blow my nose. ( I jut loved reading my sister’s Happy Birthday to her daughter.)

Alan (Pounds Off Playoff) September 22, 2010 at 9:46 pm

Awww….”Hardly even blush” – I love it! My mom would FREAK if I wrote some of the stuff you do. Actually, my mom’s great, but you’ve got the “cool mom”!

Kirsten (results not typical girl) September 22, 2010 at 10:31 pm

well, chock it up to another damn thing we have in common. did i mention that my mom and i build a freakin custom home together? that is some seriously codependent shit. (i feel a blog post coming on!)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HOT ASS!

Love you more than a funny mirror that makes me look skinny.

Ashley @ Nourishing the Soul September 22, 2010 at 11:25 pm

What a sweet tribute. Made me wonder what my own mom would write in a guest post… though not enough to invite her to do so and find out!

Jenn @ Tales of a Reforming Junk Food Junkie September 23, 2010 at 9:59 am

I am day late, but happy birthday! I hope you had an awesome day. What a wonderful post from your mom!

Lisa September 23, 2010 at 6:32 pm

Happy Birthday you fabulous hotass!\

And who better than your mom to write the birthday post?! Yay Mrsfatss’s mom!

Sue Ann September 23, 2010 at 9:25 pm

Awww that was theeeee sweetest thing I have had read in a long time! Treasure your Mom I sure miss mine.

From the other Sue Ann who will be 37 exactly 1 month after you!

Wifey September 23, 2010 at 11:20 pm

Love that your mom blogged for your birthday. And what a beautiful picture! Hope you had a great day.

Winks & Smiles,
Wifey

lorrie September 24, 2010 at 8:05 pm

happy belated birthday

Anjali September 28, 2010 at 8:40 am

Beautiful post, and a happy belated birthday! 37 is splendid.