the international sensation that is my hoohah

by MrsFatass on June 21, 2010

Yeah, I said it. My hoohah? Kind of a big deal. At least Women’s Health Australia magazine thinks so. Look at who appears on their list of blogs to check out for diet motivation:

How about that? So, thanks Women’s Health. And thanks to Mish over at Eating Journey for going out in her jammies to grab a copy and send me the photo.

Not one to rest on my internationally-renowned laurels, I did have some business to attend to this weekend. And I did. Sweated my bootay off at the gym Saturday and Sunday. Logged my food. Drank water like it was my job. And avoided the junk food freeforall by distracting Trophy Husband with a little delicious and healthy, and yes, a little nudity. A girl’s gotta do what a girl’s gotta do.

I also spent a little time looking in the mirror. I do that every so often, you know. Assess. Take stock. And being that I seem to have strung more than a few ass-kicking, one day at a time days together (thanks for THAT advice Jack Shit) I felt it was time to do just that. And I can see a few things. My thighs are always the first place I notice a difference, and they are undoubtedly stronger. The butt is firmer. And all the dancing I’ve been doing has my calves starting to look pretty good. My rib cage looks a little less mushy. My shoulders a tad more defined. All in all, not bad. There just might be something to this business the kids call CARDIO.

So, I suppose that means I’m going to stick with it. But here’s the deal. This week? I go on vacation. Umm hmm. Taking a trip to the Sunshine State to play on the beach with Mama and Daddy Fatass. And while vacation is typically where diets go to die, I think I can have a great and relaxing time AND stay on track in terms of fitness. I have been running my mouth to a few people about how I’m going to do C25K podcasts on the beach every morning, tag along with Dad to his gym, maybe drop in on one of the many hot yoga studios in town, rely on Mom’s healthy food buying habits to keep me honest on the diet front, and of course say no the ice cold beach beers or perfectly poured evening Manhattans.

Sounds doable, right?

Yeah, I have my doubts too. But I have quite a few accountability partners out there – some warm and fuzzy, some kind of dickish – all of whom think I can do this. And maybe I can. I’m going to give it a go, anyway.

Because this is Monday, here are my challenges/goals for the week:

1. Water. So, you know how you travel different places and the water tastes funny? I really don’t like the water where I’m going. And I always feel silly buying bottled water because, well, it’s water. You can get it out of the tap for free, and without the plastic bottle. So I figure I’ll swing by the grocery and get some lemons and limes. Maybe that will help me get past the funny taste.

2. Exercise. My schedule is my security blanket. I always use the same treadmill, the same elliptical, and as of this week the same bike. I am a creature of habit. The thought of having to change up my workout routine makes me more than a little nervous, especially when I’ve got such a good rhythm established. But I’ve been living a good portion of my life in my DIScomfort Zone lately, so I should be able to handle this, too.

3. Food. I’m not kidding when I say my mom is a healthy shopper, and she is also the kind of person to do what she can to support when we’re trying to do our diet thang. And this vacation doesn’t require a hotel stay and eating in restaurants all the time. So my food plan really doesn’t have to change if I don’t let it.

Well, that’s that. My plan is just to keep kicking ass, one good choice at a time. Even on vacation. What’s in store for you this week?

Miz June 21, 2010 at 5:01 am

I have the EASIEST WAY to stay on track during the vay cay:

BRING ME ALONG!!!!
🙂

I lost my MizMind when I saw the magazine photo.

Im so proud of you and yer jayjya.

Miz June 21, 2010 at 5:02 am

I need a typing course.

your JAYJYAY.

Marisa (Loser for Life) June 21, 2010 at 6:30 am

Yay for famous hoohahs!! Congrats, Sue! And so proud of you – you are doing awesome!

Sounds like you have a great vacay plan to stay on track. Totally do-able 🙂

Deb June 21, 2010 at 6:51 am

I think it's better to be famous for your hoohah than for The Roy!
When we lived in Florida we hated the water too. It tasted muddy. We'd take gallon jugs to those big water filtration vending machines and fill our jugs with triple filtered water. It only cost 25cents back then. It'll probably cost you $25 now. But that is some very good, fresh tasting, clean water.

Trish June 21, 2010 at 7:04 am

Great job! I am so proud of you!!!

Momma Hunt June 21, 2010 at 7:12 am

Have an amazing vacation. I wanted to say that I was thinking of you this weekend when I got a flyer for soon to be finished state of the art YMCA which featured none other than daycare, children't weight and exercise rooms, and a stat of the art gym and pool. I almost peed my pants in excitement. Until my hubby reminded me that we already have a gym membership for at least a few more months. I am thinking we might join for next summer since realistically my workouts are going to be at home during the school year. Being a teacher makes for great summer workouts but that teaching during the day, grading at night business makes getting to the gym tough. If only I could quit my job to get rid of my fat ass! (not you of course, my real fat ass)

Debby June 21, 2010 at 7:16 am

Awesomeness on your internationally famous hoohah!

I spend 8-9 months a year in FL. Water sucks. Don't feel silly. Go to Wally World and cough up 69 cents for a gallon of good, clean stuff.

We've got a machine in our park where we can fill our jugs for a quarter. Bet there's a place like that near your folks too.

Enjoy the time with the parental units!

Mishe@EatingJourney June 21, 2010 at 7:17 am

one thing that helps me is to stop focusing on the food…and focusing on the company and memories.

p.s. congrats.

Jenn June 21, 2010 at 8:19 am

Oh my goodness – that is freakin' AWESOME!

JourneyBeyondSurvival June 21, 2010 at 8:55 am

I agree with Mishe. If I try to connect with each person every day and make sure I do one (non-edible) dreamy vacation thing for myself each day, food sort of phases into the background.

VAgue, but true. And not annoyingly dickish either. 😉

Elisabeth @ joggerslife.com June 21, 2010 at 9:09 am

That's so fun that you made it in the mag!! =)

As far as vacation goes, here's my take…

I never consider vacation a free for all as far as food goes, but I always enjoy myself. I live. I have fun. Food is fun, and I indulge in the occasional treat that I couldn't otherwise eat at my own home. I look at vacation as a way to explore another location on foot.

I exercise as if I'm at home, because all of this "healthy stuff"…well it's a lifestyle, and it's part of my existence now– Vacation or not.

TLEstrogen June 21, 2010 at 9:19 am

You're kicking it girl! And I can totally relate to the beach brews too–really close to the painting brews I'm dealing with!!

Katy June 21, 2010 at 9:28 am

You're famous down under for your down under! Hahahaha. That is so awesome. Congrats sister!!

Stacey June 21, 2010 at 10:09 am

That is so fantastic! Congratulations. Just goes to show, sanity may just be making a comeback in the dieting world.

Laurie June 21, 2010 at 10:24 am

Congrats on your international stardom. I feel honored to have known you "when".
Have a great vaca. I sometimes do much better on vaca b/c there is less household B.S. to do which is what gets me right into the snacks and binges.
I am going to get high on vegetables today.
Will you be blogging from afar? I love your daily rants? is that what they are? I can't think of a better word, Ass Rants perhaps?

~Lori~ June 21, 2010 at 10:32 am

You are a superstar! How cool!

Great goals! Keep working hard!

Lucas June 21, 2010 at 11:06 am

Thank goodness other countries have realized how fabulous your hoohah is! Your Jay is now INTERNATIONAL!!!! Wowzers! 🙂

Speaking of that…….don't you owe me some secret to avoid razor burn???

Have a great vacay! Keep it healthy but remember to enjoy yourself too! 🙂 This week I am continuing what I have been doing lately, working out but living my life and therefore just maintaining. Because right now, that's just where I'm at.

Angela June 21, 2010 at 11:40 am

You have a good plan, the hard part is sticking with it! Refer back to your own post here if you feel a moment of weakness while on vacation. Sometimes it is our own words that hold us most accountable. Have a great time with your parents!

kia June 21, 2010 at 12:23 pm

Have a great vacation. Running on the beach may be hard with C25K. I say do C25K on the bike path at the beach and some intervals in the sand til you fall down… then play volleyball!! Make good vacation choices with what you put in your mouth. Have a great time.

Momma On The Run June 21, 2010 at 1:00 pm

Great plan!!Your famous how awesome is that! Keep pushing through:)Have a great Vaca!

Katie J June 21, 2010 at 1:37 pm

LMAO at the Internationally renowned hoohaa!!

I think you will do okay on vaca. I think the hard part is passing on the booze. Food I can handle being careful with but once I have 1 cocktail I want M-O-R-E.

Jess June 21, 2010 at 1:39 pm

WOW what an honor! I hope you have a great vacation and keep being such an inspiration!

Kim June 21, 2010 at 1:42 pm

You can do it!

Trista June 21, 2010 at 2:23 pm

Good Luck on vacation, you can do it!!!!

I'm Just Another Fat Girl -jafg June 21, 2010 at 3:40 pm

O.M.G.

You may just be more famous than JackSh*t.

I actually LOST a lb after my vacation. I *know* an internationally renowned weightloss guru like yourself will be just as fortunate!

Don't forget to have fun!

-jafg

Kyle Gershman June 21, 2010 at 4:01 pm

Your hoohah inspires me…hmm.. that doesn't sound right now that I've typed it…oh well…the back space key doesn't seem to work….might as well post it.

Jack Sh*t, Gettin' Fit June 21, 2010 at 4:13 pm

It isn't fair! Some of us don't have a hoohah to exploit!

Rachel June 21, 2010 at 4:36 pm

Way to go with being published!! What a great honor! 🙂

MMM June 21, 2010 at 5:38 pm

Girl…being in that magazine should inspire you to keep up the good work!
AWESOME!!!
Have a good vacation!

SeattleRunnerGirl June 21, 2010 at 6:26 pm

Congratulations to you and your hoohah! I know you'll do well on vacation this week. Plan some indulgences (one per day?) and stick to your healthynessification goals the rest of the time. And have fun!!

The Maniacal Matron June 21, 2010 at 6:35 pm

YAY the hoohah has made you famous!!!

Good idea on fixing the water issue! I would have never thought of that. That's great that you have your mom supporting you too

bookieboo June 21, 2010 at 7:00 pm

Can I go with you? I need a vacation too!!

lovelyritaann June 21, 2010 at 7:05 pm

How fun! Have a great trip and congrats on the international thing… that's pretty cool!

@lovelyritaann

Kimberley June 21, 2010 at 7:50 pm

You and your hoohah are world famous. Who would have thought? I am thrilled for you!!!

Your vacation sounds like the kind of vacation where you will be able to continue to work it out and continue to eat healthy. I am sure a beer here or there won't hurt too! Have a great time!

Diane Fit to the Finish June 21, 2010 at 10:35 pm

Take me! Take me! congratulations on the magazine – you deserve it!!

Rob Dyess June 21, 2010 at 11:36 pm

If I had a hoohah I might never leave the house…. much less go to FLA with it.

WeighDownSouth.com

Mandi June 22, 2010 at 11:36 am

That is pretty cool! Congrats! I know what you mean about the water thing, I hate having to buy bottled when we travel, but some places have some FUNKY water!

nycgirl0501 June 22, 2010 at 11:43 am

Congrats on the article mention! I love to read your words. They are such an inspiration. I'm doing the c25k program and love it. I didn't realize how much I missed running.

Have a great vacation!

Paige June 22, 2010 at 12:48 pm

Have a wonderful vacation, don't let your diet die, and congrats to your hoohah!

Merri June 22, 2010 at 8:05 pm

Wow that's awesome!! Congrats!!
Having just returned from vacation, I can def vouch that its super hard to be healthy. And not even by choice. I WANTED to go to the gym, but only got there once because unless I called a taxi, there was no way to get there. And staying with a friend who eats crappiness when he manages to eat at all (I don’t know how he does it) and esp during airports, its hard to eat healthy, but I did my best. I would have had a way funner vacation if I could have worked out and eaten good food. I am still regaining my apetite after losing it from lack of exercise. I bet you'll have fun in florida though and I hope it's nice and warm! It sounds like youll do better than I did too, being healthy.
My plan for the week is to try and eat more veggies since I will be eating alone the rest of the week since im alone in my place till late fri nite.

Christy in Seattle June 26, 2010 at 10:19 am

Congrats on the shout-out. Nobody deserves it more!