less of me

by MrsFatass on June 11, 2010

So, here we are. Friday. Weigh In Day.

Like I said, throughout the week I’ve had some pretty crazy highs and lows on the scale. It’s been quite a ride for this Fatass who weighs her self like eleventymillion times a day. Some people have scale rituals – anyone remember Carlos and his tappity-tappity and his stepping on the scale 3 times? – but I don’t. I guess it would be hard to have a ritual eleventymillion times a day. Somebody would have to call that show. What’s it called? It’s like Hoarders, but for people with OCD?

Anyhow. Trophy Husband went first. He’s down 3. Which was great for me because usually dieting with him is like that commercial where the couple switches to diet soda and the cartoon guy gets skinny, and the cartoon girl gains a pound. So the fact that it was something normal and not something Biggest Loser-ish made me happy. Yes. I’m selfish like that.

Me? Well I weighed in at 212. Down 2.

I’m about 94% happy. I feel like I worked harder than that, what with the dealing with stress in healthy ways and not with alcohol and refried beans. And the working out even with sick kiddos. And the braving the Carolina heat and humidity to actually be outside. Like, with no air conditioner.

I’m also dealing with a little time of the month issue which I like to call timeofthemonth.

But I’ll take it. Down 2. There is officially less of me to love.

Okay. So I’m faced with another weekend. I’m going to keep my goals for surviving it simple and just about the same as last week. Three workouts of the cardio variety, and I’m going to shoot for an additional 2 of resistance. Aside from my morning coffee, I am only going to drink water. I’m going to stay out of restaurants for now, too.

One day at a time.

Have a great weekend, ya’ll.

sarah June 11, 2010 at 7:40 am

Woohoo!! Great job!!

Men. Why do they have always lose more weight? Meh.

Marisa (Loser for Life) June 11, 2010 at 7:49 am

Awesome! You're doing great, Sue!

Joanna Sutter (Fitness & Spice) June 11, 2010 at 7:53 am

WOOT WOO!

Joanna Sutter (Fitness & Spice) June 11, 2010 at 7:53 am

WOOT WOO!

Joanna Sutter (Fitness & Spice) June 11, 2010 at 7:53 am

WOOT WOO!

Joanna Sutter (Fitness & Spice) June 11, 2010 at 7:53 am

WOOT WOO!

Joanna Sutter (Fitness & Spice) June 11, 2010 at 7:53 am

WOOT WOO!

Angela June 11, 2010 at 8:09 am

Nice job this week! A loss is a loss and you have to love that!

Shane Botwin June 11, 2010 at 8:24 am

Nance, trust me, a bakery is virtually impossible to run without drug money.

xo xo

Jules - Big Girl Bombshell June 11, 2010 at 8:39 am

I just have one question…What will you change your name to when the scale says what you want it to say? AWESOME job….I have hope for myself on Sunday…….Coffee next week?

Laurie Tossy June 11, 2010 at 8:46 am

Congrats on making healthy choices. It is by changing our thinking and making our behavior conscious that we have weight loss success permanently and get off the roller coaster!

I used to weigh myself a gazillion times a day, moving the scale around to find that "sweet" spot that showed the minimum number on the scale. I was fanatic about it!

For me, it is better to weigh no more than about once a month. That gives me an objective marker while at the same time takes the focus off the bloody number (which isn't really the important thing, is it?)

This has really helped to stop judging myself based on someone else's measure of what healthy looks like.

Keep up the great work…and keep in mind thattimeofmonth often ADDS pounds to us…so next time you weigh you may get a bonus drop!

JourneyBeyondSurvival June 11, 2010 at 8:48 am

DANG girl.

Shizam.

Ka-pow.

You rock.

The Monkey and Me June 11, 2010 at 8:49 am

Now you know darn well, having been at this for some time like me, and well the rest of us – that 1 lb a week loss is great, good steady weight loss and more than that, isn't sustainable long term – 1 lb a week is 54 lbs in a year – that's a first grader give or take 5 lbs. So 2 lbs is awesome! Especially at your TOM. Celebrate every loss – say goodbye to it forever!

Katy June 11, 2010 at 9:27 am

You'z funny

Irene June 11, 2010 at 9:49 am

Take it and run with it missy! You've worked hard and done well. I am so glad others are havng good weigh-ins this week too.

SherRon, Shoes To Lose June 11, 2010 at 10:26 am

Woot woot! Great loss!

Jams June 11, 2010 at 11:04 am

Congrats on your 2 pound loss! That's fantastic! Keep it up!

TJ June 11, 2010 at 11:28 am

Congrats on the loss my friend! 🙂

Lucas June 11, 2010 at 11:42 am

I called the Departments of Weights and Measures and they said that they would immediately add eleventymillion to their data base of measures and promptly send you a check for eleventymillion dollars! Congrats!

Oh, and way to go on the loss too! 🙂 Who rocks? C'mon….WHO????

Katie J June 11, 2010 at 11:52 am

Dude! I was just thinking about Carlos yesterday. You should email him and see how he is doing.

Nice loss! Eleventymillion is A LOT of weighing… wow!

I Said So... June 11, 2010 at 12:13 pm

Hey, new blogger here. I can only hope to be as good as you when I am a grown-up blogger. I am learning so much! Hope to lose 50+ pounds! Be proud of losing 2 and not gaining! Keep it up!

KCLAnderson (Karen) June 11, 2010 at 12:27 pm

Yeah you! 🙂

Momma Hunt June 11, 2010 at 12:27 pm

Great job, good for you. Remember a loss is a loss

SeattleRunnerGirl June 11, 2010 at 12:39 pm

2 pounds is solid and healthy, yo. Keep it up! And I'm with you on the weekend goals. It's especially important for me to get my workouts in when I wake up b/c it's all about family in town AND working this weekend. Cheers and have fun, too!

99ToGo June 11, 2010 at 1:07 pm

Oh, be happy with 2 pounds. 100% happy. That's awesome…especially to those of us who are lucky to lose .0002 pounds in one week 🙂

Kyle Gershman June 11, 2010 at 1:15 pm

Awesome loss!

You know, with all the fems I follow and all the TOM discussion, I get so confused that it is the same person in perpetual TOM. Also, it seems like I unpacked my bags in some sorority…much better bathrooms than the fraternity.

Salina Lyn June 11, 2010 at 3:01 pm

Wholy comments! 2lbs is nothing to turn your nose up at. You earned it. Way to go. Now if only I could figure out how to make my scale obey me. Perhaps you could have a little chat with her and set her straight for me? 🙂

Tami June 11, 2010 at 5:03 pm

Two down is awesome! What is more important are the changes that you are making. The good habits are what leads to long lasting success and the number on the scale follows.

I refuse to let the number on the scale define my success, it is only part of the whole picture.

Here is to less of you!(somehow that does not sounds as nice as I mean it too!)

Quix June 11, 2010 at 6:05 pm

2 lbs is awesome! Keep on keepin' on and you should see some more awesome weigh ins!

Kimberley June 11, 2010 at 6:46 pm

Great job!

nycgirl0501 June 11, 2010 at 8:51 pm

Congrats! Down 2 is awesome! You rock! I've been stuck too. Lots going on and me being a bit careless. That stops this weekend. At least I started c25k! Keep up the good work!

Laurie June 11, 2010 at 11:08 pm

I'll take 2, thank you very much, esp. w/ timeofthemonth. I believe mine is just around the corner, man, on top of men losing faster, they don't have to deal with that gain….hello??? up there!!
what were you THINKING????

cmoursler June 11, 2010 at 11:47 pm

woohoo, great job! two pounds is an awesome loss.
see, everytime you say your weight, it gets easier..soon it will just be a number and not your self esteem pegged out there for the world to see. You are doing great.
Keep it up sue.

TrippyTexan June 12, 2010 at 1:14 am

I've been browsing all kinds of diet/fitness sites all day, and I just wanted to let you know that I'm really impressed and inspired by your blog here. You should definitely be proud of what you've accomplished.

Abbi G. June 12, 2010 at 3:57 am

Stumbled upon your page while hopping through the fitness blogs. I am definitely a fan! I have only started blogging about my journey to a better lifestyle and and trust me your entries have really inspired me. Congratulations!

Jennifer Brindley June 13, 2010 at 4:45 pm

Hell yeah! I'm proud of you! <3

Lil June 14, 2010 at 7:07 pm

Yay for two pounds down! (And ps, I love your blog.)