don’t drink and diet

by MrsFatass on June 18, 2010

I had a really good week.

Here’s what I did well:

1. I effing hit the gym HARD this week. Increased my cardio from 30-45 minutes to 60. Started incorporating some time on the bike. Made a few of my tee shirts really really sweaty.

2. Wore some combination of mascara, lipstick, and shoes that click when you walk Every Day. Because I’m hot.

3. Avoided a nasty run-in with a Little Caeser’s $5 hot-n-ready by locking myself in my bedroom to do math homework.

4. Downloaded the Sparkpeople app on my BlackBerry so I can track on the go.

5. Increased the amount of money in my food budget I use to buy white nectarines and peaches, because Thing Two and I can’t get enough.

Here’s what needed improvement:

1. I had 2 beers yesterday when we did our Jason ritual of drinking his favorite beer and listening to his favorite song.

2. On Thursday when my lab partner came to town to have lunch with me, I had a beer.

3. On Wednesday, when Trophy Husband gave me The Look, we sat together and had a beer while we waited for the kids to fall asleep.

The upside is that we’re out of beer. The downside is that even though I had great control over my food and exercised like a pro, drank water like it was my job and strutted around like a MILF, I just can’t drink and diet. Or at least I can’t drink beer 3 times and diet.

So, weigh in this morning? 212. Same as last weigh-in. And for the record, Trophy Husband stayed the same, too.

You know what? I’m not even going to sweat it that much. Because it’s not some mystery as to what part of this equation isn’t adding up. I mean, duh.

Alright. Here are my goals for getting through this holiday weekend:

1. Cocktail-free. In fact, I did just utter the words “I’m not going to have a cocktail until we’re watching the fireworks on the Fourth of July.” Shouldn’t be a big deal. I’m vacationing at my folk’s place next week, and my mom and I are a great diet team. Plus, she’s my mom. If she says No Cocktails, then I have to do what she says.

2. Sweaty. Got my hour of cardio today, Zumba tomorrow, and hour of cardio Sunday. I’m good with that.

3. There’s no secret that Trophy Husband wants a Junk Food Free For All for Father’s Day. But I’m gonna be strong and work hard to focus on delicious over junk. Because junk? Isn’t really delicious. It’s junk. So I’m going to plan delicious food, and if he starts to whine that it’s not junk, I’ll just serve it to him naked. Then he won’t even know what he’s eating, because I’m hot.

What are you going to do to get through YOUR weekend?

Lisa June 18, 2010 at 7:45 am

gettin' sweaty…i'm moving my arse, but the getting sweaty part is lacking a bit – thanks for the reminder!!

this weekend i'm hitting the gym both Saturday AND Sunday!!

ooooooooooooooo

lol..have a great one!

xo

I Said So... June 18, 2010 at 8:18 am

Sounds like you know what to do. Good luck! Keep up the exercise. I love the way you write! 🙂

Joanna Sutter (Fitness & Spice) June 18, 2010 at 8:55 am

Atta girl! Sounds like you've got a great plan and a great attitude!

Joanna Sutter (Fitness & Spice) June 18, 2010 at 8:55 am

Atta girl! Sounds like you've got a great plan and a great attitude!

Joanna Sutter (Fitness & Spice) June 18, 2010 at 8:55 am

Atta girl! Sounds like you've got a great plan and a great attitude!

Joanna Sutter (Fitness & Spice) June 18, 2010 at 8:55 am

Atta girl! Sounds like you've got a great plan and a great attitude!

KatDoesDiets June 18, 2010 at 9:09 am

giggle. Never thought of the whole serve it to him naked approach. I think you're onto something there.

Mrs. Sheila June 18, 2010 at 9:10 am

I thought this was gonna be a "uhmhmmm me too" post because of the title, but I was surprised.

See, I can't drink and diet well either, but it is because I get plastered at the first sip! lOL

Have a great weekend.

The Monkey and Me June 18, 2010 at 9:14 am

Girl, I am so proud of you!! You are kickin ass and looking hot while doin it! Don't worry about those numbers – keep at it – enentually the scale will budge – It will.

Lucas June 18, 2010 at 9:34 am

You ARE hot! Way to mention that. Twice. I'm in love with you!

Lucas June 18, 2010 at 9:34 am

P.S. You know who else is hot? That. Would be ME!

~*Jamie*~ June 18, 2010 at 9:54 am

I LOL'd at the comment about feeding him the non-junk naked. You make weight loss fun and for that, I thank you!

~Jamie @ Journey to Skinnyville

JourneyBeyondSurvival June 18, 2010 at 9:56 am

*sigh* You are lovely with your words. And hot. Wait. Make that Hot. Yeah.

I am so impressed with your week. Do you feel like a million bucks? Because I would feel like a million bucks if I'd had that week. My Achilles heel is sugar. And I don't lose much weight while I'm on it. So, that is what I'm ready to lose. Yes. Even over the weekend.

Wow.

Shelly June 18, 2010 at 10:07 am

Wait. Your mom can say "No cocktail?"

Jenny June 18, 2010 at 11:26 am

Fantastic week you had, beer aside. Great goals for the weekend! No biggie about the sts, better than the scale going up! With all the exercise you did, I'm sure it will show next week.

Love your attitude! keep up the AWESOME work!

Jenny

SeattleRunnerGirl June 18, 2010 at 11:43 am

AWESOME job with the sweat and the sexy this week. Love the shoes that click + lipstick. No cocktails until July 4 is totally doable. Have a fun weekend, naked or not!

Christine June 18, 2010 at 12:07 pm

I'm sure as hell not going cocktail-free. FREAK!!

🙂

Bringing Pretty Back June 18, 2010 at 2:32 pm

You are hilarious! I had 3 beers last night too! I say this hanging my head in shame!
Have a pretty day!
Kristin

Sophia June 18, 2010 at 3:18 pm

It sounds like you're doing a great job, even though the scale hasn't shown in this week. If you are curious, here are some Recipes and Tips to Get You Started on a Low Carb Diet Today!. Keep up the good work!

LABleedsBlue June 18, 2010 at 3:38 pm

Love your posts!

I also have a terrible time turning down beer. I've tried to cut it out completely in the past but then it tends to go terribly wrong and mess up my diet when I throw it all to the wind on a Friday night.

Have a good weekend!

Merri June 19, 2010 at 2:36 am

thats awesome. 🙂 i need to increase my cardio. i have to say, since i started making sure i put on makeup and look half ways presentable every day before work, i feel a lot better. i fall on and off the making myself presentable wagon and the last time its been a couple months yay. the delicious food sounds WAY better than the junk.
my weekend..im going to try to be productive. ive been semi productive tonight. its gonna be a quiet one.

Just Me June 19, 2010 at 11:44 am

Love your post and writing style. I can so relate to this one.

McCulley's June 20, 2010 at 10:33 pm

Way to go! I didn't make it through the weekend….Should have read and planned first….But it is a new second isn't it…So here I go again!