pass the munchos

by MrsFatass on April 19, 2010

Well hello, Monday. Here we are again.

In the last two weeks, I have conquered my fear of the gym. I have lived pretty consistently in my Discomfort Zone, not only physically (my poor hoohah) but mentally as well (damn elliptical). Thanks to ideas generated here and here I have added quite a bit of workout music to the iPod, finally gotten through C25K week FOUR, successfully sported my Go Girl tee shirt to the gym – size L instead of XL – and only forgotten to wear my Gruve once.

So, what’s left?

Nothing. I’m hanging it up. You don’t have to go home but you can’t stay here.

. . .

. . .

. . .

Yeah. I didn’t think you’d buy that.

Okay. My goals this week are all about maintaining my MORE CARDIO focus. I’m going to break into C25K Week FIVE land (ohmygosh), continue my love affair with the elliptical (I have to admit I love my 20 minutes on that machine as a warm up or cool down), stick with CardioPump, and hit a Zumba class on Saturday.

But here’s where my real challenge comes in. I’ve got a busy week. Some things piling up that kind of stress me out, like, oh, having to get an A on my BIOLOGY final since I blew that last exam. And I have to reorganize some furniture in my bitty little house to find room for some pieces that are arriving Monday (the result of my parents move), one of which includes a big-girl bed for Thing Two. A big girl bed! For my baby! I must figure out my summer school schedule, which will include MATH. Grrr. Plus all the normal planning and cooking and counting and weighing.

Pass the Munchos.

No! Don’t! Don’t pass the Munchos! You know why? Because I’m going to get though my busy and somewhat stressful week this week with ME in control. Yep, you read it here, first. I am not going to stress eat. I am NOT going to stress eat. I AM NOT GOING TO STRESS EAT.

Kind of a big goal. I like to stress eat. And sad eat and bored eat and tired eat and can’t sleep eat and laugh and have fun eat. But, in my quest to become more intuitive, I am incorporating NO STRESS EATING into my plan this week.

What about you?

Mishe@EatingJourney April 19, 2010 at 5:58 am

I'd like to incorporate a good kiss..is that too much to ask?

beyond that…my running plan. I am going to do it. I am going to sign up for that race.

wow.wow.wow.

MizFit April 19, 2010 at 6:01 am

(Id totally forgotten my MUCHO LOVE!!!)
This week I shall channel my frustration toward good and not evil.

toward productivity.

Marisa (Loser for Life) April 19, 2010 at 7:25 am

An excellent plan! I'm not going to stress eat this week, either! My struggle with it and emotional eating is ongoing, but THIS WEEK, I am staying positive and on track!

We can do it!

Donna April 19, 2010 at 7:37 am

You will NOT stress eat! You will retain control. You will remember that you have the support of all of us here in blog land. You will SUCCEED.

My goal for this week is to keep it up and hopefully get a bit closer to my next milestone (3 more pounds).

JourneyBeyondSurvival April 19, 2010 at 8:02 am

Uuuuuh. I'm going to live my plan. Until I realize that I'm not living it. Then I will get back on track without ice cream. I know. Sounds lofty. But I'm willing to bet on myself.

Aylilth April 19, 2010 at 8:05 am

Love the blog!!!

I have the gym fear right now, will be starting in 2 weeks when my membership starts.

Feeling very nervous, but reading yours and other bloggers I can get to it.

Steve April 19, 2010 at 8:08 am

Great plan! I'm very much a stress eater. Gotta work on that.

Ryan Sullivan April 19, 2010 at 8:46 am

For me, the best way to avoid shovingeverythinginsightdownmygullet is to plan out what I'm eating BEFORE the high stress moments arise. I know it's what everyone says but it really has worked for me.

Did I mention you've been on fire for months now? "That Sue is SO hot right now!"

Colleen April 19, 2010 at 9:15 am

great outlook on the stresful week! Keep that attitude!

The Phat Nanny April 19, 2010 at 9:50 am

Great goal!! And I know you can so totally achieve it!! It just takes a little extra thought, right? My goal this month is to stay away from any restaurant that has a drive thru! Wish me luck!!

Kelly April 19, 2010 at 9:59 am

OMG, Munchos were one of the basic food groups (along with pizza) when I was a teenager. Love those.

My goal this week is to stay on track with exercise.

You can do it!!

Kyle Gershman April 19, 2010 at 10:02 am

My wife is away an entire week at Search and Rescue Training (I'm so proud of her!) and we have no way to communicate and I may or may not get an opportunity to visit her for one evening.

I'm fighting off loneliness eating.

You'll fight off the rest!

cmoursler April 19, 2010 at 10:17 am

I exercise to stave off frustration…it has a two fold benefit. My @ss is not getting larger and I work off my irritation/stress.
YOu are doing great. You are going to be a workout bad@ss in no time.

TJ April 19, 2010 at 11:16 am

If I can get beat the lonely eating binges- you can beat the stress eating! No more beans outta the can for you! 🙂 XOXO

-I'm proud of you! You are kicking ass! 🙂

love2eatinpa April 19, 2010 at 1:12 pm

you will not stress eat, you will find another way to release the stress!

this week i will continue to eat intuitively, try to live in the present and not let it stress me that my husband is going out of town for the three days and during two of those days, my kids have half days at school!!!!

MaryFran April 19, 2010 at 2:07 pm

Step away from the stress/emotional eating!!! Everything in your life may seem out of control this week but there is ONE thing that you CAN control…and that is your eating!!!

My Lipstick Life April 19, 2010 at 3:09 pm

Stress eating is the Devil – flee from it! You can do it since you ROCK LIKE THAT 🙂

Alison April 19, 2010 at 3:35 pm

Sounds like a busy week, you can always stress run 😛

Hide the food before you get stressed! Good luck with your week.

ARJules April 19, 2010 at 4:08 pm

I'm going to try to keep up my cardio, but I have to watch it because I hurt my knee this weekend. (Doing something ridiculous like stepping on a power cord end. Yeah, I'm swift like that.) And if I can't do my elliptical, I can walk and do yoga and some weights. So my goal is just to move this week, but not hurt myself more.

Oh – and get more used to the new diet. 🙂

Lynda with a Y April 19, 2010 at 4:43 pm

My goal is to stay and not stray from my WW points. I stress eat as well, but I also do the "join in" eat–as in, he's pigging out, I may as well join in. Got to stop that.

ShrinkingGirl April 19, 2010 at 6:28 pm

Wowee, I also stress eat and bored eat and tired eat and fun eat and laugh eat… I don't have trouble sleeping so I don't do THAT kind of eating.
Sounds like great goals!

Melanie April 19, 2010 at 6:39 pm

Oh my good friend the elliptical. My body has grown accustomed to that darn machine that I no longer lose weight – even doing an hour of it three days a week! But I guess my eating like 2012 is upon us doesn't help either.

My newest machine is the stairmaster – the one with actual rotating stairs. Five minutes in, I am sweating buckets! Hopefully incorporating this new exercise (only 20 minutes!) will garner some results!

kia April 19, 2010 at 7:04 pm

Watch that emotional, end of the semester eating… you have done such a great job this year. Good luck on your exam.

JustTracyB April 19, 2010 at 7:26 pm

You're doing great and have gotten lots of great advice!

I was totally afraid of the gym! I had a fear of it that I resisted getting a membership for 3yrs. We joined in December, and it was the best thing ever. Sure I was a bit self conscious to start, but now, there isn't hardly a day goes by that someone doesn't notice and mention all the weight I have lost…It's a real ego booster now, and I live to go. Yeah, I'm conceited like that! You can be too!

Merri April 19, 2010 at 7:53 pm

Ooh you linked me!! YAYY!! Lol. So, what did you think of the music?
Ooh, new furniture is always fun. I want new furniture.. Good luck on the exam!
Umm, im the opposite – I stress DON’T eat. And since roomie is having a houseguest over starting tomorrow for most of the week, I have to remind myself to make sure I do eat some normalish meals, cuz when my schedule gets thrown off, or I feel akward, I tend to not. So that will be my goal. And exercising more because last week I pretty much took an exercisey break. I also have the goal to get my blog back to normal and post up the photos/blogs from stuff that's been going on the past couple weeks. Will all this get done? We shall see.. Will yours get done? Yes, I think so. 🙂

bookieboo April 20, 2010 at 11:38 am

I know this sounds crazy coming from me, but if u find a great method for stopping the stress eating let me know. I still am constantly battling that …I just changed what I eat when I'm stressed. Xxoo

Leaving Fatville April 20, 2010 at 7:33 pm

Stress eating gets me every time. This weekend was so hard to stick to a good eating plan. I was watching my husband and kid eat all my trigger foods. I was dying. I gave in and ate a hotdog and flogged myself all weekend for it. I vowed this week to be better and plan my meals and not eat crap. So far, so good, but it's only Tuesday!

Laurie April 20, 2010 at 9:31 pm

All emotions all the time eat, that's me.
BUT I WILL NOT THIS WEEK!! Can I do that??? I get so stressed out just setting goals b/c I fail them so often. My new thing is to try to set them, (OMG, having just written that I am feeling anxious, I am a CASE!)
Thank you for being such a good model of setting goals, and being ok without meeting every single one.